1.5 Day / 1 Night
Located at the foot of Mt Kilimanjaro, Makoa Farm is a haven for travelers and ex-wild animals that find peace here. Escape to this animal sanctuary and horse ranch that’s both exotic and enchanting. You will meet an array of semi-wild animals and fluffy residents that will surprise and captivate you.
The views of Mt Kilimanjaro here are simply the best. Located near the Machame Gate, you’ll have access to the lush rainforest and be surrounded by the Chagga people’s charming villages and coffee farms. On the plains to the south, Masai graze see their cattle.
At sunset, there is a horseback ride with stunning views of Mt Kilimanjaro and the setting sun. Stay in one of Makoa Farm’s cozy accommodations and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of a colonial-style farmhouse founded in 1901 on a former coffee plantation.
Day 1: Kilimanjaro Gate (Machame) – Makoa Farm
- Driving distance: 17 km
- Driving time: 30 min
- Activities: Sunset Horseback Ride; Sunset Drinks
This afternoon, typically at the final day of your climb, after descending the mountain and basking in the afterglow of your accomplishment, we will take you to Makoa Farm estate.
Here, you can get lost in a tranquility during relaxed horseback ride at sunset, complete with refreshing sundowner, sunset drinks served at a scenic location. Afterward, enjoy an exquisite dinner in the colonial-style farmhouse.
- Overnight: Makoa Farm – Kilimanjaro View Room
- Meal plan: dinner
Day 2: Makoa Farm – Kilimanjaro Airport / or Arusha
- Driving distance: 35 km / or 78 km
Driving time: 45 min / or 2 hr
- Activities: Semi-wild Animal Tour; Bush Lunch
This morning you will be again invited to the colonial-style farmhouse for a hearty breakfast. Afterwards the local animal guide will take you around the sanctuary to see rescued semi-wild animals, including cheetahs, serval, lemurs, owls, marabous, monkeys, giant tortoises, zebras, and the cutest baby elephants you’ve ever seen!
Before your departure, we’ll treat you to a bush lunch beautifully set up in the heart of nature on the estate.
Finally, we’ll provide transportation to Kilimanjaro Airport (or to your hotel in Arusha for your following safari adventure).
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch
Good bye! Thank you for traveling with us!
- All transfers according to the itinerary
- All activities according to the itinerary
- Accommodation in lodges according to the itinerary
- Meals according to the itinerary
- All drinks served at sunset drinks and bush lunch
- Orientation session and services of a professional English-speaking horseriding instructor
- Services of professional English-speaking Makoa Farm guide
- Complimentary German-speaking guiding for German-speakers
- 24/7 information support from your travel manager and safari coordinator
What’s not included:
- Tipping to Makoa Farm crew (at your own discretion)
Special Deal for Kilimanjaro Climbers