Day Trip Safari to Ruaha National Park
It is remote. It is huge. It is untamed and wild. Is it worth it? You bet it is! Ruaha is Tanzania’s largest national park and it is like no other. We take you on an amazing day trip from Iringa Town to this magnificent hidden gem in the heart of Tanzania. A thrilling safari full of really upclose encounters with lions, countless elephants and birds not found elsewhere. You will be one of the lucky few who went there. Ruaha is a paradise for birders and wildlife photographers.
This is the adventure:
Day 1: Iringa – Ruaha National Park – Iringa
- Driving distance: 100 km
- Driving time: 2 hrs 15 min
- Activities: Game Drive; Birdwatching
Pick-up and drop-off will be arranged for you at your hotel in Iringa town. Away from the masses in the well know parks, we take you on a scenic drive to Ruaha with it’s remarkable wildlife and untouched wilderness. Few people visit this massive natural reserve with large herds of elephants, a protected lion population, cheetahs, leopards, zebra’s and 540 species of birds. All of which are gathering around the Great Ruaha River to drink. Right in front of your lens you will see the lions hunt. This is as wild and authentic as it gets!
Of course we will treat you to a delightful picnic lunch amidst untouched wild beauty of Ruaha. Staying in Ruaha can be expensive. There are only two airstrips for bush planes and just few lodges inside the park. But there are lodges around the park, and it is also well-reachable from the city of Iringa, where our budget-friendly safari starts from.
Our package also includes couple of hours of specialized birding safari, where our trained birdwatching guide will demonstate you his imperessive skills to distinguish hundreds of region’s bird species even only by their call.
A day trip to Ruaha National Park from Iringa is an extraordinary rare adventure, allowing us to witness the wonders of nature in a limited time frame.
- Meal plan: lunch
- All transfers according to the itinerary
- Game Drive in fully-equipped 4WD Toyota Land Cruisers with a pop-up roof
- All activities according to the itinerary
- All entrance fees to the national park and conservation areas
- All government taxes and fees
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Chilled drinking water during the safari
- Services of a professional English-speaking driver-guide
- Binoculars (1 per vehicle)
- 24/7 information support from your travel manager and safari coordinator
What’s not included:
- Local flights. Read how we can help you.
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tipping for the driver guide (at your own discretion)
- Visa ($50 on arrival or online at https://visa.immigration.go.tz/), medical insurance
We can assist you with arranging these if needed.
Tipping your driver guide is a common practice and shows appreciation for their hard work and dedication.
Finally, obtaining a visa and medical insurance is your responsibility, but we are happy to guide you also through these processes, and make it as smooth as possible.
|Number of travellers||Price per person|