1-Day Mikumi National Park Safari from Zanzibar
Get yourself a day of wild wonders with our day tour to Mikumi. We give you a return scenic flight directly from beach to bush,where an exciting game drive awaits you. Encounter a diverse array of wildlife, from common species like giraffes, elephants, wildebeest and lions, to occasionally spotted jackals and hyenas. This experience promises to fill your day with unforgettable safari moments to recall many years to come.
1 Day: Zanzibar – Mikumi National Park – Zanzibar
- Activities: Scenic flight; Game Drive; Picnic lunch
Your day begins with an early morning pick-up from your hotel and about 1 hour 15 min transfer to the airport, where you’ll board a chartered flight directly to Mikumi National Park (taking approximately 1 hour).
Upon landing, meet our professional driver guide and start a day of wildlife encounters. Mikumi, often referred to as “little Serengeti”, is renowned for its open grasslands, dotted with acacia trees, mirroring the iconic scenes witnessed in the Serengeti during the annual migration.
Take a break for a delicious lunch in the wild heart of Mikumi. The safari continues with game drives until late afternoon, providing more opportunities to witness the beauty of the park’s landscapes and its inhabitants.
Keep your eyes peeled for occasionally seen animals like spotted hyena, jackal, hartebeest, crocodiles, and the majestic lion. Mikumi is also home to rarely spotted creatures such as leopards and elusive spotted hyenas, adding an element of excitement to your wildlife experience.
Board your chartered flight back to Zanzibar, where our driver will meet you again for the transfer back to your hotel.
- Meal plan: lunch
- Return transfers to/from Zanzibar airport
- Return direct flight to/from Kikobogai airstrip
- All activities according to the itinerary
- Entrance fees to the national park
- All government taxes and fees
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Soft drinks, drinking water
- Services of English-speaking local guide
- 24/7 information support from your travel manager and safari coordinator
What’s not included:
- Tipping for the guide and the driver (at your own discretion)
|Price per person
Children 3-14 years
Children 0-2 years